Meetings provide an opportunity for members to share with one another regarding problems related to sexaholism and attempts to achieve stable sobriety. In many cases meetings are held in churchs other locations owned by a third party. However, according to SA tradition, all groups are fully autonomous and are not allied with any denomination, religious group, or hold any other outside affiliation.
Meetings are self supporting, declining outside contributions from others. During the meeting there is usually a period for local SA announcements, and the meeting chairperson passes the basket to defray costs of the meeting hall, literature, and incidental expenses. Once the meeting adjourns, there is often a time of informal fellowship among members.
- Newcomers are welcome at all meetings.
- All meetings are non-smoking
- All meetings are men only unless otherwise noted (C – Coed Meeting)
- Meetings generally follow a group discussion format unless otherwise noted
- Unless otherwise noted, all meetings are closed meetings. (Only those desiring their own personal sexual sobriety may attend closed meetings.)